Attorneys can face professional discipline for advising or assisting a client to commit a voidable transaction, in addition of course to potential personal liability to a creditor.
This is an even greater risk in states that have criminalized fraudulent transfers, since the attorney will have counseled the client to commit a crime.
ATTORNEY DISCIPLINE ARTICLES
- 2018.10.28 ... Advising About Or Assisting With A Fraudulent Transfer Is About To Get Very Dangerous In California
- 2015.09.30 ... Minnesota Attorney Suspended For Assisting With A Fraudulent Transfer In Sheehan
- 2014.03.31 ... Iowa Attorney Narrowly Dodges Bar Complaint For Murderer's Fraudulent Transfers
- 2013.12.19 ... Two Year Suspension For California Attorney Who Engaged In Fraudulent Transfer In Morris
- 2013.08.30 ... One-Year Vacation From Practice For Attorney Who Fraudulently Transferred Assets